Corona virus has greatly affected the world’s economy and a recession is inevitable.Businesses are shutting down and only a handful are able to operate.Hoewever, months after the corona virus came shutting down businesses,children still attending their monthly braces check-up with orthondontist are knocking doors in their parent’s company to seek for services.
One of the ways to control the spread of this life threatening virus is to ensure social distancing.As such some measures were put in place to put the virus in check.
- Avoid family ,friends and relatives gathering
- Cancellation of nonemergency appointments
- Avoid unnecessary travel within and without
- Isolate those with sever health condition
Dentists worldwide have enacted new hygiene protocols to keep the virus at bay.Meanwhile,they should engage their potential clients on the online for future business.They would gain more if they would do more digital marketing most of which is SEO.
- Dentist need to protect themselves by frequently washing of hands and soap for at least 20 seconds.If soap and water are not available alcohol based sanitizer should be rubbed thoroughly on the hands.Ensure the sanitizer is at least 20% alcohol based.
- Before performing any procedure take body temperature of the clients and isolate those with a fever for further investigations.
- Wear personal protective equipment when carrying out procedures.This protective gear should be secured tightly and securely to avoid any contact with the virus.It includes masks,eye wear,gown and gloves.
- Regulary disinfect working surfaces,doors handles,dental chairs and counter tops.
- Clean and sterilize all non-disposable tools.
- All dental staff should throw away disposable gloves and clean hands thoroughly and put on a new pair for the next patient.
- Observe hygienic
Orthodontic industry is advised on other precautionary steps.
- A staff member who shows symptoms of the disease should impose a seven day self-isolate on themselves.
- A staff member who had previously travelled should self-isolate and call the health providers in their respective localities.They will be screened and if found negative, they will be free but expected to remain so by observing social distancing and other precautionary measures.If tested positive, they should self-isolate for 14days and also keep you updated of their progress and know if and when they will report back to work.
- A staff who wants to still come to work yet tare suppose to self-isolate should be reported to the law enforcers of the said locality for quarantine.
- A client who turns for appointment and displays Corona virus symptoms should be advised to self isolate and asked to wait for communication of their rescheduled appointments.