India is one of the oldest and ever-growing centres for education. With renowned institutes and universities, students worldwide seek this land of knowledge and learning. There are various courses and post-graduation courses offered. The list of institutes, courses, and various educational programs is exhaustive.
Apart from regular management courses, there are part-time, correspondence, diploma certification, and postgraduate diploma courses offered by various institutes. Hence, it becomes imperative to choose the right institute, course, and education type.
If you are aspiring to study in leading premier institutes such as the IIMs, IITs then brace yourself to prepare for CAT, XAT, NMAT exams. These are yearly online exams, and the results are open to the public on their official sites. It might seem difficult in its approach, and pass percentage but, with coaching and by studying the exam patterns, it does not seem to be an impossible task. IBSAT is one such exam entrance exam for MBA and postgraduate programs that adds to the list of gateway exams.
What is IBSAT?
- It is an online aptitude test conducted by The ICFAI School of business. Students have to qualify to seek admission in one of their nine campuses based in Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Dehradun, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmadabad, Pune or Mumbai. Depending on the score secured, the campus also offers full-time or part-time PhD courses.
- The post-graduation program prepares students’ to be future-ready and meets the current industry needs. It is a packaged combination of theory and practice providing the required exposure and knowledge.
General eligibility criteria:
- Graduates passed in English as a medium of language are eligible for exams. These are computer-based with multiple objective format questions. Students passed using other instruction languages are also eligible but have to submit their TOFEL, IELTS English score results.
The minimum graduation pass percentage is 50%, and there are no reservations or age limit to appear for the entrance exam. However, qualified CAT, NMAT, or GMAT candidates are exempted from writing the entrance exam, and are directly eligible for the group discussion and personal interview.
MBA and PhD eligibility criteria:
- Both these courses differ in their application criteria. For an MBA course, the aspirant should have completed a minimum of 15 years of formal education.
- For a PhD, it is 17 years of formal education. Final year graduate students are also eligible to take up the exam.
The IBSAT Pursuit:
- IBSAT does not relax application form fees or the general application criteria for the reserved category. It is one of the entrance exams that treats all its students without any distinction. All applicants have to fulfil the set eligibility criteria to seek admission in any of the nine IBS colleges.
- The forms are available on their official website-ibsindia.org and availed from the website or its branches. The online tests test one’s reading, vocabulary, aptitude, data interpretation, and adequacy.
- The tests are similar to CAT and other entrance exams but with no negative markings. With more practice, one will gain speed in solving the set questions.
- The IBSAT results are for display on the official IBSAT website. Every applicant has a unique applicant ID and a password. Once you get onto the website, log in with the applicant ID and password.
- Once the results appear on the screen, look for your name in the shortlisted candidates. Take a printout for any future references.
- The scorecard will have the total sectional marks scored. The results are available only on their official website, and if it is down, then a student has no choice but to wait for the website to be up and running to check the score.
- Once shortlisted, the candidates get an email on the further selection process. The selected candidates go through group discussions and personal interviews. The initial selection is solely on the IBSAT entrance or CAT, NMAT, GMAT scores. The final list is an addition of scores secured in the group discussion performance, personal interview, and individual academic records.
- Once the shortlisting of candidates is out, they attend briefing session seminars organized by IBSAT authorities providing insight into various programs. Post which, the candidates’ progress towards group discussion assignments. Candidates clearing the group discussion to attend the personal interview completes the selection process.
- Each section has an allotted weight. Academics carry maximum weight out of 100, and the rest is equally split between the group discussion and personal interview. The final merit list appears on the IBSAT official website for candidates to go through.
The IBSAT scores are valid only for one whole academic year. A candidate cannot seek admission with the previous IBSAT score. To get a seat in any of the prestigious IBS colleges, a candidate has to re-apply and go through the entire process. IBSAT final score results are applicable only to get seats in one of their nine affiliated IBS college campuses. The scores are not accountable for other premier institute admissions.
Check all information for IBSAT Exam such as registration, application, admit card exam date, and result etc. at https://www.shiksha.com/mba/ibsat-exam